The Legislation Review Committee reviews each Bill introduced into Parliament and reports on its impact on personal rights and liberties.
The Committee must, under section 8A of the Legislation Review Act 1987, report to Parliament Bills that:
The Committee also reviews and reports on any regulation that impacts on personal rights and liberties, or adversely affects the business community.
Casino Control Regulation 2019
Criminal Records Regulation 2019
Fisheries Management (General) Regulation 2019
Health Records and Information Privacy Amendment (Health Records) Regulation 2019
Protection of the Environment Operations (Underground Petroleum Storage Systems) Regulation 2019
Public Works and Procurement Regulation 2019
Western Sydney Parklands Regulation 2019
Ageing and Disability Commissioner Regulation 2019
Apprenticeship and Traineeship Amendment Regulation 2019
Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Regulation 2019
Building Professionals Amendment Regulation 2019
Coal Mine Subsidence Compensation Amendment (Miscellaneous) Regulation 2019
Greyhound Racing Amendment (Transition Period) Regulation 2019
Public Finance and Audit Amendment (Financial Reporting and Auditing Exclusions) Regulation 2019
Road Transport (Driver Licencing) Amendment (Release of Photographs to ASIO) Regulation 2019
Water Management (General) Amendment (Exemption) Regulation 2019
Resolution passed 18 June 2019, 57th Parliament, Votes and Proceedings No.10, Item 13.
Legislative Assembly Votes and Proceedings No 10, Tuesday 18 June 2019, entry no. 13:
13 PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEES
Mr Andrew Constance moved, by leave, That the following motions for the establishment of Parliamentary committees and the appointment of members be agreed to:
(6) Legislation Review Committee
(1) In accordance with section 5 of the Legislation Review Act 1987, the following members of the Legislative Assembly be appointed to serve on the Legislation Review Committee: Mr Lee Evans, Ms Wendy Lindsay, Mr David Mehan, Mrs Leslie Williams, and Mrs Felicity Wilson.
(2) The Committee have leave to make visits of inspection within the State of New South Wales and other States and Territories of Australia.
(3) A message be sent acquainting the Legislative Council of the resolution and requesting the Legislative Council to appoint three of its members to serve on the Committee.
Resolution passed 19 June 2019, 57th Parliament, Minutes No. 10, Items 11 and 18.
Legislative Council Minutes No 10, Wednesday 19 June 2019, entries No 11 and 18:
11 JOINT COMMITTEES—MEMBERSHIP
Mr Harwin then moved:
(8) Legislation Review Committee
1. That under section 4 of the Legislation Review Act 1987, a joint committee known as the Legislation Review Committee be appointed.
2. That under section 5(1)(a) of the Act, Mr Trevor Khan and Mr Shaoquett Moselmane be appointed to serve on the committee as members of the Legislative Council.
3. That on the crossbench membership to be appointed to serve on the committee being determined, a message be forwarded to the Legislative Assembly
18 COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP—CROSSBENCH MEMBERS
The Deputy President informed the House that the Clerk had received from crossbench members the following nominations for membership of committees:
Legislation Review Committee Crossbench: Mr Shoebridge.