Thursday 23 November 2017
The Running Record is intended as a guide only to information on the proceedings of the Legislative Council, and is updated during the course of the sitting day. It shows the progress of legislation, results of motions moved and other business conducted. Where possible, the document contains useful links to areas such as bills, the tabled papers database, and notices of motions given that day.The 'Refresh' button will update your screen with the latest information from the Legislative Council chamber.
MEETING OF THE HOUSE
The President took the Chair, prayers read.
The President tabled the following annual reports:
Leave granted to amend notice
Agreed to, as by leave amended
Mr Farlow tabled certain reports
Mrs Maclaren-Jones moved that the order of private members' business for today be as follows:
1. Smoke-free Environment Amendment (E-cigarettes) Bill: Motion of Mr Secord (PMB 1705 outside the order of precedence)
2. Honourable Duncan Gay: Motion of Mr Colless (PMB 1811 outside the order of precedence)
3. State Senate Bill 2015: Motion of Revd Mr Nile (PMB 9 outside the order of precedence)
4. Combat Sports Amendment (Referee’s Duty to Stop Contest) Bill: Motion of Mr Voltz (PMB 1411 outside the order of precedence)
5. Environmental Planning and Assessment Amendment (Waste Incinerator Facilities—Residential Exclusion Zones) Bill: Motion of Mr Buckingham (PMB 1267 outside the order of precedence)
6. Bravehearts’ White Balloon Day: Motion of Mr Green (PMB 1572 outside the order of precedence)
PMB No. 1811 outside the order of precedence: Motion of Mr Colless
Mr Blair tabled certain reports
PMB No. 9 outside the order of precedence: Motion of Revd Nile
Upon which, Mr Green moved that the Bill be referred to a select committee inquiry and report
Motion of Mr Blair: That government business take precedence over general business for the remainder of this day
Mr Blair informed the House that, on 20 November 2017, the Honourable Wes Fang was elected Deputy Government Whip in the Legislative Council, in place of Mr Franklin.
Government Business NOM No. 1: Motion of Mr Blair (on behalf of Mr Harwin)
The President informed the House that the Legislative Assembly has this day agreed to the following resolution:
(1) (a) Austin William Evans be appointed to the Committee on the Health Care Complaints Commission in place of Katrina Ann Hodgkinson, resigned.
The House adjourned at 4.52 pm until Tueday 23 November 2017 at 2.30 pm.