Thursday 15 March 2018
The Running Record is intended as a guide only to information on the proceedings of the Legislative Council, and is updated during the course of the sitting day. It shows the progress of legislation, results of motions moved and other business conducted. Where possible, the document contains useful links to areas such as bills, the tabled papers database, and notices of motions given that day.The 'Refresh' button will update your screen with the latest information from the Legislative Council chamber.
MEETING OF THE HOUSE
The President took the Chair, prayers read.
Commenced 10.02 am
PMB No. 1721—Mr Moselmane -Palestine National Day 2017
Objection taken, not considered as formal business
PMB No. 1815—Mrs Houssos - Select Committee on fresh food prices
Mr Farlow, according to the Multicultural NSW Act 2000, tabled a report of Multicultural NSW entitled "The state of community relations in NSW 2016-17".
Mrs Maclaren-Jones moved that the order of private members' business for today be as follows:
1. Summary Offences Amendment (Full-face Coverings Prohibition) Bill 2017: Motion of Revd Mr Nile (PMB no. 21 outside the order of precedence)
2. Public Accountability Committee: Motion of Mr Brown (PMB no. 1980 outside the order of precedence)
3. Order for papers - Sydney stadiums: Motion of Ms Voltz (PMB no. 1973 outside the order of precedence)
4. Public Works Committee: Motion of Mr Brown (PMB no. 1988 outside the order of precedence)
5. Agricultural shows in New South Wales: Motion of Mrs Taylor (PMB no. 1996 outside the order of precedence)
6. Environmental Planning and Assessment Amendment (Waste Incinerator Facilities—Residential Exclusion Zones) Bill 2017: Motion of Mr Buckingham (PMB no. 1267 outside the order of precedence)
7. Take note of the report of the Ombudsman entitled "Correcting the record: Investigations into water compliance and enforcement 2007-17", dated 8 March 2018: Motion of Mr Veitch (PMB no. 1970 outside the order of precedence)
8. Kurri Kurri's 115th anniversary: Motion of M Martin (PMB no. 1757 outside the order of precedence)
9. Select Committee on homelessness: Motion of Mr Wong (PMB no. 1842 outside the order of precedence)
PMB No. 1980 outside the order of precedence: Motion of Mr Brown
Ayes: 21 / Noes: 18
MESSAGES FROM THE LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY
The President reported receipt of messages from the Assembly agreeing to the Council amendments to the following bills:
State Debt Recovery Bill 2017
Liquor and Gaming Legislation Amendment Bill 2018
PMB No. 1973 outside the order of precedence: Motion of Ms Voltz:
That, under standing order 52, there be laid upon the table of the House within 21 days of the date of passing of this resolution the following documents created since 1 January 2015 in the possession, custody or control of the Department of Premier and Cabinet, Infrastructure NSW, the Office of Sport, Sydney Olympic Park Authority, Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust, Venues NSW, the Minister for Sport, and the Minister for Transport and Infrastructure:
(a) any document prepared in relation to the demolition, reconfiguration or rebuild of Allianz Stadium or ANZ Stadium,
(b) any document relating to cost benefit analysis for any projects under the NSW Government Stadia strategy,
(c) any safety, security or compliance audit reports for Allianz Stadium,
(d) any correspondence to any sporting code outlining safety and compliance issues at Allianz Stadium,
(e) any agreement between the Government and the National Rugby League regarding fixtures,
(f) any document relating to the permanent closure of Driver Avenue, and
(g) any legal or other advice regarding the scope or validity of this order of the House created as a result of this order of the House.
PMB No. 1988 outside the order of precedence: Motion of Mr Brown
PMB No. 1996 outside the order of precedence: Motion of Mrs Taylor:
1. That this House notes that:
(a) agricultural shows are under way across New South Wales for 2018, and
(b) on the Monaro, Nimmitabel Show was held on 3 February 2018, Dalgety Show on 4 March 2018, and Cooma Show on 10 March 2018.
2. That this House notes that the Agricultural Societies Council of New South Wales is in its 87th year as the parent body of 195 Agricultural Show Societies across New South Wales.
3. That this House acknowledges the role of shows in promoting and protecting the pastoral, agricultural, horticultural and industrial resources of Australia, and educating the next generation so as to encourage their participation in the future.
4. That this House acknowledges the role of the Sydney Royal Easter Show in promoting agriculture and agricultural communities to city families.
STATEMENT BY PRESIDENT
The President made a statement regarding the retirement of Mr Don Colaguiri, Parliamentary Counsel.
Mr Mason-Cox informed the House that, according to section 72C (5) of the Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988 and paragraph 2 (c) (iv) of the resolution of the House establishing the Privileges Committee, that this day the Privileges Committee resolved to adopt the following terms of reference:
That the Privileges Committee inquire into and report on the Members' Code of Conduct together with any relevant aspects of the pecuniary interest disclosure regime for members under the Constitution (Disclosures by Members) Regulation 1983.
The House adjourned at 4.29 pm until Tuesday 10 April 2018 at 2.30 pm.