The Committee considers and reports on matters referred by the House, which relate to privilege.
The Committee also has functions under Part 7A of the Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988 relating to Parliamentary ethical standards, including reviewing the members' code of conduct.
Resolution passed in the Legislative Assembly 31 March 2022, Votes and Proceedings. No. 134, Item No. 18:
Mr Alister Henskens moved, That:
(1) The Standing Committee on Parliamentary Privilege and Ethics have a membership of five Members.
(2) Alexander Hart Greenwich be appointed to serve on the Committee.
(3) Wendy Margaret Tuckerman and Kevin Francis Conolly be discharged from the Committee.
Resolution passed in the Legislative Assembly 18 June 2019, Votes and Proceedings. No. 10, Item No. 13:
Mr Andrew Constance moved, by leave, that the following motions for the establishment of parliamentary committees and the appointment of members be agreed to:
(10) Standing Committee on Parliamentary Privilege and Ethics That:
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in the standing orders:
(1) A standing committee on Parliamentary Privilege and Ethics (referred to as “the Committee”) be appointed to consider and report upon any matters relating to privilege which may be referred to it under standing order 92 or by resolution of the House.
(2) The committee is the designated committee for the purpose of exercising the functions in Part 7A Division 2 of the Independent Commission Against Corruption Act 1988, relating to Parliamentary ethical standards including the review of the code of conduct.
(3) The Committee consist of six members being: Mr Adam Crouch, Mr Kevin Conolly, Mr Ron Hoenig, Mr Michael Johnsen, Mr Peter Sidgreaves, and Mrs Wendy Tuckerman.
(4) Any three members of the committee shall constitute a quorum.
(5) The committee have leave to make visits of inspection within the State of New South Wales and other States and Territories of Australia.
(6) The committee have power to confer with any similar committee appointed by the Legislative Council.