The NSW Standing Committee on Public Works has resolved to inquire into
municipal waste management practices in New South Wales with a view to
examining and reporting on those processes and whether alternative municipal
management practices might offer lower incremental costs and preferred
The Inquiry will in particular examine:
1. The effectiveness and appropriateness of current municipal waste management.
2. Impediments and incentives to best practice municipal waste management.
3. Best practice methods, including cost effectiveness, of planning and
providing municipal waste management services.
4. The development of new technology and industries associated with waste
5. Minimising harm to the environment in the provision of waste management