Inquiry Terms of Reference
The Committee will examine:
1. Implementation of the reports’ recommendations and their relevance under
current administrative arrangements.
2. The state’s preparedness to manage animal and plant disease emergencies,
particularly with respect to:
· Risk based planning and disease surveillance;
· The effectiveness of immediate response mechanisms;
· Intergovernmental cooperation and the state’s compliance with
national standards; and
· Cost sharing arrangements between industry and Government.
3. The effectiveness and efficiency of the management of endemic diseases,
including the roles of government and industry.
4. Any other related matters.