(1) What assessment has the Government made of TOMRA Cleanaway's compliance with return or collection points under the Return and Earn scheme's community access principles?
(2) How many return or collection points operate in the Inner City:
(a) in the Sydney electorate;
(b) in the City of Sydney; and
(c) in the Woollahra Municipal Council?
(3) What minimum number of return or collection points does the Government expect to be operating in the densely populated CBD and Inner City?
(a) Are these requirements currently met?
(4) How many return or collection points are there in:
(a) the CBD;
(c) Surry Hills;
(d) Paddington; and
(e) The Kings Cross, Woolloomooloo, Potts Point postcode 2011 area?
(5) What action is being taken to improve access by increasing the number of return or collection points in the Inner City?
(6) What plans does the Government have to ensure there are return or collection points at all major supermarkets and train stations?
(7) What plans does the Government have to improve access to Return and Earn collection points in the Inner City?
(1) The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment actively monitors the network operator's compliance with the requirements set out in the community access principles.
(3) The Government expects at least two Collection Points in the CBD.
(a) There is one collection point and the network operator is seeking suitable locations for more.
(5) and (7)
The network operator, TOMRA Cleanaway, is responsible for establishing and managing the network of collection points across the state and is working with authorities and businesses in the Inner City, including the City of Sydney, to increase the number of collection points within this area.
(6) Some supermarkets and train stations are unsuitable return points.
The Parliament of New South Wales acknowledges and respects the traditional lands of all Aboriginal people, and pays respects to all Elders past and present. We acknowledge the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation as the traditional custodians of the land on which the Parliament of New South Wales stands.