Department of Parliamentary Services
The Department of Parliamentary Services (DPS
) is a specialist service department working to support the operation of the New South Wales Parliament by providing logistical support and advice to Members of Parliament, the Departments of the Legislative Council and Legislative Assembly and the people of New South Wales.
In brief, some of the responsibilities of the Department include:
- Maintaining and developing the parliamentary buildings and precinct;
- Providing information and technology services such as IT infrastructure, Hansard, archives and library and research services;
- Providing financial support and advice, including the management of Members' entitlements;
- Providing support in the areas of human resources and industrial relations, as well as recruitment, training and staff development
- Providing catering, function and dining services
- Managing and implementing education and community outreach programs
To this end, the corporate structure of the Department brings together the following teams: Executive Management, Parliamentary Facilities, Information Services, Finance and Members' Services, Parliamentary Catering, Human Resources and Education and Community Relations.
Below are some links to more information on DPS (including programs and services offered by the various teams), as well as corporate information such as the Annual Reports.