Aboriginal Land Rights Amendment Bill 2009
- Assented on 16/09/2009 - Act No 58 of 2009 (GG No. 136, 25/09/2009, p. 5198).
An Act to amend the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 with respect to land dealings by Aboriginal Land Councils and community development levies; and for other purposes.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 (the Principal Act) as follows: (a) to require all dealings with land (other than acquisition of land) by the New South Wales Aboriginal Land Council (the NSWALC) to be consistent with its community, land and business plan and any applicable policies of the NSWALC, (b) to require all dealings with land (other tha...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 10 of 2009, dated 31/08/2009 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
|Suspension of standing and sessional orders in the Legislative Assembly: - Introduction in the LA|
- Member with Carriage: Lynch, Paul
- Notice of Motion: Wed 24 Jun 2009
- Introduced: Thu 25 Jun 2009
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Thu 25 Jun 2009
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Wed 2 Sep 2009
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Wed 02 Sep 2009
- Member with Carriage: Kelly, Tony
- Introduced: Wed 2 Sep 2009
- First Reading: Wed 2 Sep 2009
- Minister's 2R Speech: Tue 8 Sep 2009
- Second Reading: Tue 8 Sep 2009
- Third Reading: Tue 8 Sep 2009
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Tue 8 Sep 2009
- Returned to LA: Tue 8 Sep 2009
- Passed Parliament: Tue 8 Sep 2009
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
- Assented: Wed 16 Sep 2009