Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Amendment (Search Powers) Bill 2009
- Assented on 07/04/2009 - Act No 8 of 2009 (GG No. 63, 17/04/2009, p. 1668).
An Act to amend the Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002 with respect to search powers; and for other purposes.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill Part 5 of the Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002 (the principal Act) sets out powers of police and other persons to enter and search premises under the authority of a search warrant (in this explanatory note described as a standard search warrant). Part 5 requires an occupier’s notice to be served on entry to the premises concerned or as soon as practicable after...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 2 of 2009, dated 10/03/2009 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Campbell, David
- Notice of Motion: Tue 3 Mar 2009
- Introduced: Wed 4 Mar 2009
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 4 Mar 2009
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Wed 11 Mar 2009
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Wed 11 Mar 2009
- Member with Carriage: Hatzistergos, John
- Introduced: Wed 11 Mar 2009
- First Reading: Wed 11 Mar 2009
- Minister's 2R Speech: Tue 24 Mar 2009
- Second Reading: Tue 24 Mar 2009
- Date Committed: Tue 24 March 2009
- Reported with an amdt: 24/03/2009
- Report Adopted: Tue 24 Mar 2009
- Third Reading: Tue 24 Mar 2009
- Date Passed with an amdt: Tue 24 Mar 2009
- Returned to LA: Tue 24 Mar 2009
- LA agrees with amendment: Tue 31 Mar 2009
- Passed Parliament: Tue 31 Mar 2009
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses