Aboriginal Land Rights Amendment (Housing) Bill 2011
- Assented on 16/11/2011 - Act No 56 of 2011 (GG No. 113, 25/11/11, p.6710).
An Act to amend the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 with respect to certain residential tenancy agreements and land dealing approval requirements
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Aboriginal Land Rights Act 1983 to facilitate the entering into and management of residential tenancy agreements of less than 3 years, or periodic agreements, by Boards of Local Aboriginal Land Councils where the other parties to the agreements are natural persons. Outline of provisions Clause 1 sets out the name (also called the short title) o...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 6 of 2011, dated 18/10/2011 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Council
- Member with Carriage: Pearce, Gregory
- Notice of Motion: Tue 11 Oct 2011
- Introduced: Wed 12 Oct 2011
- First Reading: Wed 12 Oct 2011
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 12 Oct 2011
- Second Reading: Wed 19 Oct 2011
- Date Committed: Wed 19 October 2011
- Third Reading: Wed 19 Oct 2011
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 19 Oct 2011
- Sent to LA for Concurrence: Wed 19 Oct 2011
- Member with Carriage: Dominello, Victor
- Introduced: Wed 19 Oct 2011
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Tue 8 Nov 2011
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 8 Nov 2011
- Date Declared by Speaker without amendment: Tue 08 Nov 2011
- LC Sent to Governor: Fri 11 Nov 2011
- Passed Parliament: Tue 8 Nov 2011
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
- Assented: Wed 16 Nov 2011