Library Amendment Bill 2011
- Assented on 07/06/2011 - Act No 9 of 2011 (GG No. 24, 17/6/2011, p.4450).
An Act to amend the Library Act 1939 to authorise local councils to enter into arrangements for the provision, control and management of libraries and library services
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Library Act 1939 to enable 2 or more local councils to enter into arrangements for the provision, control and management of libraries and library services in any of the areas of the councils. Outline of provisions Clause 1 sets out the name (also called the short title) of the proposed Act. Clause 2 provides for the commencement of the proposed...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 1 of 2011, dated 09/08/2011 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Amendments for Consideration
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Souris, George
- Notice of Motion: Tue 24 May 2011
- Introduced: Wed 25 May 2011
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 25 May 2011
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Mon 30 May 2011
- Date Declared by Speaker without amendment: Mon 30 May 2011
- Member with Carriage: Gallacher, Michael
- Introduced: Tue 31 May 2011
- First Reading: Tue 31 May 2011
- Minister's 2R Speech: Tue 31 May 2011
- Second Reading: Tue 31 May 2011
- Reported w'out amdt: 31/05/2011
- Report Adopted: Tue 31 May 2011
- Third Reading: Tue 31 May 2011
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Tue 31 May 2011
- Returned to LA: Tue 31 May 2011
- Passed Parliament: Tue 31 May 2011
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses