Anti-Discrimination Amendment (Breastfeeding) Bill 2007
- Assented on 01/11/2007 - Act No 45 of 2007 (GG No. 167, 9/11/2007, p 8313.).
An Act to amend the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 with respect to discrimination on the ground of breastfeeding.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to remove doubt that discrimination on the ground of breastfeeding constitutes unlawful discrimination on the ground of sex. The Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 provides that discrimination on the basis of a characteristic that appertains generally to persons of a particular sex is discrimination on the ground of sex. The Bill provides that breastfeeding is a...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 3 of 2007, dated 12/10/2007 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Campbell, David
- Notice of Motion: Tue 25 Sep 2007
- Introduced: Wed 26 Sep 2007
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 26 Sep 2007
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 16 Oct 2007
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Tue 16 Oct 2007
- Member with Carriage: Della Bosca, John
- Introduced: Wed 17 Oct 2007
- First Reading: Wed 17 Oct 2007
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 24 Oct 2007
- Second Reading: Wed 24 Oct 2007
- Third Reading: Wed 24 Oct 2007
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 24 Oct 2007
- Returned to LA: Wed 24 Oct 2007
- Passed Parliament: Wed 24 Oct 2007
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses