Rice Marketing Amendment Bill 2007
- Assented on 07/12/2007 - Act No 77 of 2007 (GG No. 182, 7/12/2007, p 9533).
An Act to amend the Rice Marketing Act 1983 with respect to the constitution and procedure of the Rice Marketing Board and the sale or supply of rice outside Australia.
The following Bills are cognate with this Bill:
- Wine Grapes Marketing Board (Reconstitution) Amendment Bill.
This Bill is cognate wth: Agricultural Industry Services Amendment Bill
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. This Bill is cognate with the Agricultural Industry Services Amendment Bill 2007. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Rice Marketing Act 1983 (the principal Act) so as: (a) to prevent the Rice Marketing Board (the Board) from giving an approval for the sale or supply of rice to persons outside Australia to more than one authorised buyer of rice (so preserving a “single desk” po...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 7 of 2007, dated 23/11/2007 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Rees, Nathan
- Notice of Motion: Thu 15 Nov 2007
- Introduced: Fri 16 Nov 2007
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Fri 16 Nov 2007
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 27 Nov 2007
- Date Declared by Assistant Speaker without amendment: Tue 27 Nov 2007
- Member with Carriage: Macdonald, Ian
- Introduced: Wed 28 Nov 2007
- First Reading: Wed 28 Nov 2007
- Minister's 2R Speech: Thu 29 Nov 2007
- Second Reading: Thu 29 Nov 2007
- Third Reading: Thu 29 Nov 2007
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Thu 29 Nov 2007
- Returned to LA: Thu 29 Nov 2007
- Passed Parliament: Thu 29 Nov 2007
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses