Assisted Reproductive Technology Bill 2007
- Assented on 07/12/2007 - Act No 69 of 2007 (GG No. 182, 7/12/2007, p 9533).
An Act relating to the regulation of assisted reproductive technology services, the registration of assisted reproductive technology service providers and the prohibition of commercial surrogacy; and for other purposes.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The objects of this Bill are to prevent the commercialisation of human reproduction, and to protect the interests of certain persons affected by assisted reproductive technology (ART) treatment. In order to do this, the Bill: (a) requires ART providers to be registered by the Director-General of the Department of Health, and (b) makes certain requirements in relation to the provision...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 6 of 2007, dated 13/11/2007 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Meagher, Reba
- Notice of Motion: Tue 6 Nov 2007
- Introduced: Wed 7 Nov 2007
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 7 Nov 2007
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Wed 14 Nov 2007
- Date Declared by Assistant Speaker without amendment: Wed 14 Nov 2007
- Member with Carriage: Hatzistergos, John
- Introduced: Wed 14 Nov 2007
- First Reading: Wed 14 Nov 2007
- Minister's 2R Speech: Tue 27 Nov 2007
- Second Reading: Wed 28 Nov 2007
- Date Committed: Wed 28 November 2007
- Reported w'out amdt: 28/11/2007
- Report Adopted: Wed 28 Nov 2007
- Third Reading: Wed 28 Nov 2007
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 28 Nov 2007
- Returned to LA: Wed 28 Nov 2007
- Passed Parliament: Wed 28 Nov 2007
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses