Local Government Amendment (Planning and Reporting) Bill 2009
- Assented on 01/10/2009 - Act No 67 of 2009 (GG No. 143, 09/10/2009, p. 5342).
An Act to amend the Local Government Act 1993 to make further provision for strategic planning and reporting by councils; and for other purposes.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Local Government Act 1993: (a) to require a council to develop a community strategic plan for the local government area that identifies the main priorities and aspirations of the local community for the achievement of a socially, environmentally and economically sustainable future and covers a period of at least 10 years (the plan is developed...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 10 of 2009, dated 31/08/2009 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Perry, Barbara
- Notice of Motion: Wed 24 Jun 2009
- Introduced: Thu 25 Jun 2009
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Thu 25 Jun 2009
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 1 Sep 2009
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Tue 01 Sep 2009
- Member with Carriage: Kelly, Tony
- Introduced: Wed 2 Sep 2009
- First Reading: Wed 2 Sep 2009
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 23 Sep 2009
- Second Reading: Wed 23 Sep 2009
- Third Reading: Wed 23 Sep 2009
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 23 Sep 2009
- Returned to LA: Wed 23 Sep 2009
- Passed Parliament: Wed 23 Sep 2009
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses