National Energy Retail Law (Adoption) Bill 2012
- Assented on 21/06/2012 - Act No 37 of 2012 (GG.67, 29/06/2012, p.3004).
An Act to establish a national energy customer framework for the regulation of the retail supply of energy to customers; to make provision for the relationship between the distributors of energy and the consumers of energy; and for other purposes.
The following Bills are cognate with this Bill:
- Energy Legislation Amendment (National Energy Retail Law) Bill.
The object of this Bill is to apply as a law of this State the National Energy Retail Law which is contained in a Schedule to the National Energy Retail Law (South Australia) Act 2011 of South Australia. The enactment of this Bill is part of a uniform scheme of legislation applying that Law (which relates to the supply of energy to customers by retailers and distributors) in the States and the Australian Capital Territory (participating jurisdictions)....
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 10 of 2012, dated 29/05/2012 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's 2R Speech
||Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Hartcher, Chris
- Notice of Motion: Tue 22 May 2012
- Introduced: Wed 23 May 2012
- First Reading: Wed 23 May 2012
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 23 May 2012
- Second Reading: Wed 30 May 2012
- Third Reading: Wed 30 May 2012
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 30 May 2012
- Member with Carriage: Gay, Duncan
- Introduced: Wed 30 May 2012
- First Reading: Wed 30 May 2012
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 13 Jun 2012
- Second Reading: Wed 13 Jun 2012
- Third Reading: Wed 13 Jun 2012
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 13 Jun 2012
- Returned to LA: Wed 13 Jun 2012
- Passed Parliament: Wed 13 Jun 2012
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
- Assented: Thu 21 Jun 2012