Australian Jockey and Sydney Turf Clubs Merger Bill 2010
- Assented on 16/11/2010 - Act No 93 of 2010 (GG No. 129, 19/11/2010, p. 5504).
An Act to facilitate the merger of Australian Jockey Club Limited and the Sydney Turf Club; to make continuing provision in relation to the operation of Randwick Racecourse and certain other racecourses; and for other purposes
The following Bills are cognate with this Bill:
- Totalizator Amendment Bill.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. The Totalizator Amendment Bill 2010 is cognate with this Bill. Overview of Bill The objects of this Bill are: (a) to facilitate the merger of Australian Jockey Club Limited (the AJC) and the Sydney Turf Club (the STC) into a new racing club (the merged racing club) incorporated under the Corporations Act 2001 of the Commonwealth (the Corporations Act) for that purpose (including by making provision f...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 15 of 2010, dated 08/11/2010 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Greene, Kevin
- Notice of Motion: Thu 28 Oct 2010
- Introduced: Fri 29 Oct 2010
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Fri 29 Oct 2010
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 9 Nov 2010
- Considered in Detail: Tue 9 Nov 2010
- Date Declared by Speaker with amendment: Tue 09 Nov 2010
- Member with Carriage: Primrose, Peter
- Introduced: Wed 10 Nov 2010
- First Reading: Wed 10 Nov 2010
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 10 Nov 2010
- Second Reading: Wed 10 Nov 2010
- Third Reading: Wed 10 Nov 2010
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 10 Nov 2010
- Returned to LA: Wed 10 Nov 2010
- Passed Parliament: Wed 10 Nov 2010
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
- Assented: Tue 16 Nov 2010