Administrative Decisions Tribunal Amendment (Confidential Documents) Bill 2007
- Private Member's Bill
- Negatived, 3R, Bill negatived on 3R division, 27/02/2008.
An Act to amend the Administrative Decisions Tribunal Act 1997 to enable the legal representative of any party to proceedings heard by the Administrative Decisions Tribunal to see and challenge otherwise confidential documentary evidence.
Text of Bill as introduced
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to remove the power of the Administrative Decisions Tribunal to restrict or prohibit disclosure to a party to proceedings in the Tribunal of evidence or documents before the Tribunal in the proceedings. Outline of provisions Clause 1 sets out the name (also called the short title...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 2 of 2007, dated 24/09/2007 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Council
- Member with Carriage: Brown, Robert
- Notice of Motion: Wed 9 May 2007
- Introduced: Thu 21 Jun 2007
- First Reading: Thu 21 Jun 2007
- Minister's 2R Speech: Thu 21 Jun 2007
- Second Reading: Tue 26 Feb 2008
- Date Committed: Tue 26 February 2008
- Reported w'out amdt: 27/02/2008
- Report Adopted: Wed 27 Feb 2008