Adoption Amendment (Same Sex Couples) Bill 2010
- Private Member's Bill
- Withdrawn, Bill discharged from LA Business Paper & withdrawn, 01/09/2010.
An Act to amend the Adoption Act 2000 to enable couples of the same sex to adopt children; and for related purposes
Text of Bill as introduced
Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Adoption Act 2000 to allow couples of the same sex to adopt children. At present under the Act, a couple is defined to mean a man and a woman who are married or who have a de facto relationship. The Bill amends that definition, along with the definition of spouse, so that they include persons who are de facto partners. The definition of de facto partner in the Interpretation Act 1987 refers to persons whether they are of the same sex...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
|Suspension of standing and sessional orders in the Legislative Assembly: 24/06/2010 - Introduction in the LA|
- Member with Carriage: Moore, Clover
- Notice of Motion: Thu 24 Jun 2010
- Introduced: Thu 24 Jun 2010
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Thu 24 Jun 2010