Relationships Register Bill 2010
- Assented on 19/05/2010 - Act No 19 of 2010 (GG No. 69, 28/05/2010, p. 2250).
An Act with respect to the registration of de facto relationships; and for other purposes.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The objects of this Bill are as follows: (a) to provide for the legal recognition of relationships of couples, regardless of sex, by registration of the relationships, (b) to recognise registered relationships, and interstate registered relationships, as de facto partnerships for the purposes of State legislation. Outline of provisions Part 1 Preliminary Clause 1 sets out the name (a...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 5 of 2010, dated 10/05/2010 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Tebbutt, Carmel
- Notice of Motion: Thu 22 Apr 2010
- Introduced: Fri 23 Apr 2010
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Fri 23 Apr 2010
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 11 May 2010
- Date Declared by Speaker without amendment: Tue 11 May 2010
- Member with Carriage: Hatzistergos, John
- Introduced: Wed 12 May 2010
- First Reading: Wed 12 May 2010
- Minister's 2R Speech:
- Second Reading: Wed 12 May 2010
- Date Committed: Wed 12 May 2010
- : 12/05/2010
- Report Adopted: Wed 12 May 2010
- Third Reading: Wed 12 May 2010
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 12 May 2010
- Returned to LA: Wed 12 May 2010
- Passed Parliament: Wed 12 May 2010
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
- Assented: Wed 19 May 2010