Industrial Relations (Child Employment) Bill 2006
- Assented on 27/11/2006 - Act No 96 of 2006 (GG. No. 168, 1/12/2006, p. 10085.).
- See Digest 16 of 2006, dated 10/11/2006 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
An Act to make provision with respect to the employment of certain children by trading, financial or foreign corporations; to make a consequential amendment to the Industrial Relations Act 1996; and for other purposes.
The following Bills are cognate with this Bill:
- Industrial Relations Further Amendment Bill.
- Workers Compensation Amendment (Permanent Impairment Benefits) Bill.
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. The following Bills are cognate with this Bill: (a) the Industrial Relations Further Amendment Bill 2006, (b) the Workers Compensation Amendment (Permanent Impairment Benefits) Bill 2006. Overview of Bill The Workplace Relations Act 1996 of the Commonwealth (the federal Act), as amended by the Workplace Relations Amendment (Work Choices) Act 2005 of the Commonwealth (the federal Work Choices Act), purports, among oth...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Text of Bill and Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below. Entry not found in index
Text of Bill as Passed by both Houses
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Introduced by: Watkins, John
- Notice of Motion: Tue 24 October 2006
- Introduced: Tue 24 October 2006
- First Reading: Tue 24 October 2006
- Ministers 2R Speech: Tue 24 October 2006
- Second Reading: Fri 14 November 2206
- Third Reading: Tue 14 November 2006
- Date Passed LA: Tue 14 November 2006
- Member with Carriage: Della Bosca, John
- Introduced: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- First Reading: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Second Reading: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Third Reading: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Returned to LA: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Passed Parliament: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Assented: Mon 27 Nov 2006