Companion Animals Amendment Bill 2006
- Assented on 27/11/2006 - Act No 101 of 2006 (GG. No. 168, 1/12/2006, p. 10085.).
- See Digest 16 of 2006, dated 10/11/2006 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
An Act to amend the Companion Animals Act 1998 to make further provision with respect to the control of dangerous dogs and the duties and responsibilities of their owners; and for other purposes.
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill At present under the Companion Animals Act 1998 (the Act), a council or a Local Court may declare a dog to be a dangerous dog if it has (without provocation) attacked or killed a person or animal or has repeatedly threatened to attack or chase a person or animal. Certain control requirements are currently imposed in relation to dogs that are declared to be dangerous (such as keeping the dog in a spec...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Text of Bill and Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below. Entry not found in index
Text of Bill as Passed by both Houses
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Introduced by: Hickey, Kerry
- Notice of Motion: Wed 18 October 2006
- Introduced: Tue 24 October 2006
- First Reading: Tue 24 October 2006
- Ministers 2R Speech: Tue 24 October 2006
- Second Reading: Tue 14 November 2006
- Third Reading: Tue 14 November 2006
- Date Passed LA: Tue 14 November 2006
- Member with Carriage: Kelly, Tony
- Introduced: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- First Reading: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Second Reading: Thu 16 Nov 2006 am
- Third Reading: Thu 16 Nov 2006 am
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Thu 16 Nov 2006 am
- Returned to LA: Thu 16 Nov 2006 am
- Passed Parliament: Thu 16 Nov 2006 am
- Assented: Mon 27 Nov 2006