Summary Offences Amendment (Full-face Coverings Prohibition) Bill 2010
- Private Member's Bill
- Lapsed, 2R, Lapsed on prorogation at 2R stage in LC, 22/06/2010.
- Debate adjourned until 23 September 2010
To prohibit people wearig full-face coverings in public places.
Text of Bill as introduced
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to make it an offence (maximum penalty of $550) for a person, without reasonable excuse, to wear a face covering while in a public place. A face covering is defined as any article of clothing or other thing (such as a helmet) that hides the face of a person in a way that conceals the per...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Council
- Member with Carriage: Nile, Fred
- Notice of Motion: Tue 22 Jun 2010
- Introduced: Tue 22 Jun 2010
- First Reading: Tue 22 Jun 2010
- Minister's 2R Speech: Tue 22 Jun 2010