Mining Legislation Amendment (Uranium Exploration) Bill 2012
- Assented on 04/04/2012 - Act No 16 of 2012 (GG.40, 13/04/12, p.908).
An Act to amend the Mining Act 1992, the Uranium Mining and Nuclear Facilities (Prohibitions) Act 1986 and other Acts and instruments with respect to prospecting for uranium and the ownership of uranium; and for other purposes
The objects of this Bill are as follows: (a) to remove the general prohibition on prospecting for uranium in New South Wales, (b) to enable exploration licences and associated permits (but no other licences or authorities) to be granted under the Mining Act 1992 to prospect for uranium, (c) to apply to uranium prospecting the State environmental planning policy applicable to other mineral exploration, (d) to vest all uranium in New South Wales in the Crown and to exclude compensation for t...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 2 of 2012, dated 21/02/2012 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Hartcher, Chris
- Notice of Motion: Wed 15 Feb 2012
- Introduced: Thu 16 Feb 2012
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Thu 16 Feb 2012
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Tue 6 Mar 2012
- Date Declared by Temporary Speaker without amendment: Tue 06 Mar 2012
- Member with Carriage: Gay, Duncan
- Introduced: Wed 7 Mar 2012
- First Reading: Wed 7 Mar 2012
- Minister's 2R Speech: Tue 27 Mar 2012
- Second Reading: Wed 28 Mar 2012
- Third Reading: Wed 28 Mar 2012
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 28 Mar 2012
- Returned to LA: Wed 28 Mar 2012
- Passed Parliament: Wed 28 Mar 2012
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses