Victims Rights and Support Bill 2013
- Assented on 03/06/2013 - Act No 37 of 2013 (GG No. 67, 7/06/2013, p. 2327).
An Act to establish a new Victims Support Scheme to replace the compensation scheme established under the Victims Support and Rehabilitation Act 1996 and to repeal that Act; to provide for a Commissioner of Victims Rights; and to repeal and re-enact (with minor modifications) provisions of the Victims Rights Act 1996.
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament....
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 8 of 2013, dated 21/05/2013 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
Amendments for Consideration
Amendments Agreed To
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Member with Carriage: Smith, Greg
- Notice of Motion: Tue 7 May 2013
- Introduced: Tue 7 May 2013
- First Reading: Tue 7 May 2013
- Minister's 2R Speech: Tue 7 May 2013
- Second Reading: Wed 22 May 2013
- Third Reading: Wed 22 May 2013
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Wed 22 May 2013
- Member with Carriage: Gallacher, Michael
- Introduced: Wed 22 May 2013
- First Reading: Wed 22 May 2013
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 22 May 2013
- Second Reading: Thu 30 May 2013 am
- Date Committed: Thu 30 May 2013 am
- Reported with an amdt: 30/05/2013 am
- Report Adopted: Thu 30 May 2013 am
- Third Reading: Thu 30 May 2013 am
- Date Passed with an amdt: Thu 30 May 2013 am
- Sent to LA for Concurrence: Thu 30 May 2013 am
- LA agrees with amendment: Thu 30 May 2013
- Passed Parliament: Thu 30 May 2013
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
A copy of the Report by the Department of Attorney General and Justice on the Review of the Victims Compensation Fund is available from the Assembly Tabled Papers section of this website