Charitable Trusts Amendment Bill 2006
- Assented on 27/11/2006 - Act No 100 of 2006 (GG. No. 168, 1/12/2006, p. 10085.).
- See Digest 16 of 2006, dated 10/11/2006 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
An Act to amend the Charitable Trusts Act 1993 to enable charitable trusts to make gifts to certain entities without affecting their status as a charitable trust; to validate certain matters; and for other purposes.
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Charitable Trusts Act 1993 so as to enable the trustees of certain kinds of trusts to make gifts to “eligible recipients” even though the recipients are not charitable at law. Under current law, trustees of a charitable trust cannot make gifts for non-charitable purposes. The trusts to which the amendments relate are those referred to in item 2 of the table i...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Text of Bill and Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below. Entry not found in index
Text of Bill as Passed by both Houses
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Introduced by: Debus, Bob
- Notice of Motion: Tue 24 October 2006
- Introduced: Fri 27 October 2006
- First Reading: Fri 27 October 2006
- Ministers 2R Speech: Fri 27 October 2006
- Second Reading: Wed 15 November 2006
- Third Reading: Wed 15 November 2006
- Date Passed LA: Wed 15 November 2006
- Member with Carriage: Della Bosca, John
- Introduced: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- First Reading: Wed 15 Nov 2006
- Minister's 2R Speech: Thu 16 Nov 2006
- Second Reading: Thu 16 Nov 2006
- Third Reading: Thu 16 Nov 2006
- Date Passed w'out amdt: Thu 16 Nov 2006
- Returned to LA: Thu 16 Nov 2006
- Passed Parliament: Thu 16 Nov 2006
- Assented: Mon 27 Nov 2006