Transport Legislation Amendment Bill 2011
- Assented on 13/09/2011 - Act No 41 of 2011 (GG No.37, 16/9/11, p.5510).
An Act to amend the Transport Administration Act 1988 to establish Transport for
NSW and the Transport Service and to make further provision with respect to the
administration of public transport in New South Wales; and for other purposes.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend the Transport Administration Act 1988 (the TAA) and other transport legislation to establish new arrangements for the administration of the NSW transport sector. The new arrangements provide for the following: (a) the establishment of a statutory corporation to be called Transport for NSW (TfNSW) which is to have the central role in the governance...
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 3 of 2011, dated 06/09/2011 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Amendments for Consideration
Amendments Agreed To
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Council
- Member with Carriage: Gay, Duncan
- Notice of Motion: Tue 23 Aug 2011
- Introduced: Tue 23 Aug 2011
- First Reading: Tue 23 Aug 2011
- Minister's 2R Speech: Tue 23 Aug 2011
- Second Reading: Wed 24 Aug 2011
- Date Committed: Thu 25 August 2011
- Reported with amdts: 25/08/2011
- Report Adopted: Thu 25 Aug 2011
- Third Reading: Thu 25 Aug 2011
- Date Passed with amdts: Thu 25 Aug 2011
- Sent to LA for Concurrence: Thu 25 Aug 2011
- Member with Carriage: Berejiklian, Gladys
- Introduced: Fri 26 Aug 2011
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Tue 6 Sep 2011
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Thu 8 Sep 2011
- Considered in Detail: Thu 8 Sep 2011
- Date Declared by Speaker without amendment: Thu 08 Sep 2011
- LC Sent to Governor: Fri 9 Sep 2011
- Passed Parliament: Thu 8 Sep 2011
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
- Assented: Tue 13 Sep 2011