Work Health and Safety Bill 2011
- Assented on 07/06/2011 - Act No 10 of 2011 (GG No. 24, 17/6/2011, p.4450).
An Act to secure the health, safety and welfare of persons at work; to repeal the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2000; and for other purposes
The following Bills are cognate with this Bill:
- Occupational Health and Safety Amendment Bill.
Explanatory note This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. The Occupational Health and Safety Amendment Bill 2011 is cognate with this Bill. Overview of Bill This Bill provides the basis for New South Wales’ participation in the nationally harmonised system of work health and safety. The Bill enacts the nationally agreed Model Work Health and Safety Act in this State. It will be supplemented by Model Work Health and Safety Regulations and Codes of Practice....
Show full Explanatory Notes
See Digest 1 of 2011, dated 08/09/2011 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Amendments for Consideration
Amendments Agreed To
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
|Suspension of standing and sessional orders in the Legislative Assembly: 05/05/2011 - All Stages in the LA|
- Member with Carriage: Stoner, Andrew
- Notice of Motion: Wed 4 May 2011
- Introduced: Thu 5 May 2011
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Thu 5 May 2011
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Fri 6 May 2011
- Date Declared by Assistant Speaker without amendment: Fri 06 May 2011
- Member with Carriage: Pearce, Gregory
- Introduced: Fri 6 May 2011
- First Reading: Fri 6 May 2011
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 11 May 2011
- Second Reading: Thu 26 May 2011
- Date Committed: Fri 27 May 2011
- Reported with amdts: 27/05/2011
- Report Adopted: Fri 27 May 2011
- Third Reading: Fri 27 May 2011
- Date Passed with amdts: Fri 27 May 2011
- Sent to LA for Concurrence: Fri 27 May 2011
- LA agrees with amendments: Wed 1 Jun 2011
- Passed Parliament: Wed 1 Jun 2011
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses