Miscellaneous Acts Amendment (Same Sex Relationships) Bill 2008
- Assented on 11/06/2008 - Act No 23 of 2008 (GG No. 72, 20/06/2008, p. 5368).
An Act to amend various Acts and instruments to make further provision in relation to same sex and other de facto relationships.
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to amend certain Acts, Regulations and other instruments to make further provision in relation to their application to de facto relationships within the meaning of the Property (Relationships) Act 1984 (the PR Act). In particular, this Bill: (a) amends the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 to rename...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Agreement in Principle/Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below.
|Legislative Assembly Minister's |
"Agreement in Principle" Speech
|Legislative Council Minister's 2R Speech
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Council
- Member with Carriage: Hatzistergos, John
- Notice of Motion: Tue 6 May 2008
- Introduced: Wed 7 May 2008
- First Reading: Wed 7 May 2008
- Minister's 2R Speech: Wed 7 May 2008
- Second Reading: Tue 3 Jun 2008
- Date Committed: Tue 3 June 2008
- Reported with amdts: 3/06/2008
- Report Adopted: Tue 3 Jun 2008
- Third Reading: Tue 3 Jun 2008
- Date Passed with amdts: Tue 3 Jun 2008
- Sent to LA for Concurrence: Tue 3 Jun 2008
- Member with Carriage: Firth, Verity
- Introduced: Wed 4 Jun 2008
- "Agreement in Principle" Speech: Wed 4 Jun 2008
- Agreed to in Principle LA: Wed 4 Jun 2008
- Date Declared by Speaker without amendment: Wed 04 Jun 2008
- LC Sent to Governor: Fri 6 Jun 2008
- Passed Parliament: Wed 4 Jun 2008
Text of Bill as passed by both Houses
- Assented: Wed 11 Jun 2008