Law Enforcement Legislation Amendment (Public Safety) Bill 2005
- Assented on 15/12/2005 - Act No 119 of 2005 (GG No. 9, 20 January 2006, p. 413.).
- See Digest 1 of 2006, dated 27/02/2006 for an examination of this Bill by the Legislation Review Committee.
An Act to amend the Law Enforcement (Powers and Responsibilities) Act 2002 and certain other Acts in relation to the prevention and control of public disorders, and for other purposes.
This explanatory note relates to this Bill as introduced into Parliament. Overview of Bill The object of this Bill is to provide for a range of law enforcement and other criminal justice measures to deal with large-scale public disorder in any area for the purposes of securing public safety. For the purposes of the Bill, a public disorder is a riot or other civil disturbance that gives rise to a serious risk t...
Show full Explanatory Notes
Text of Bill and Second Reading Speeches
To download, click the PDF icon(s) below. Entry not found in index
Text of Bill as Passed by both Houses
Tracking through the Houses
- Initially introduced in the Legislative Assembly
- Introduced by: Iemma, Morris
- Introduced: Thu 15 December 2005
- First Reading: Thu 15 December 2005
- Ministers 2R Speech: Thu 15 December 2005
- Second Reading: Thu 15 December 2005
- Third Reading: Thu 15 December 2005
- Date Passed LA: Thu 15 December 2005
- Introduced: Thu 15 Dec 2005
- First Reading: Thu 15 Dec 2005
- Minister's 2R Speech: Thu 15 Dec 2005
- Second Reading: Thu 15 Dec 2005
- Date Committed: Thu 15 December 2005
- Reported: 15/12/2005
- Report Adopted: Thu 15 Dec 2005
- Third Reading: Thu 15 Dec 2005
- Date Passed with an amdt: Thu 15 Dec 2005
- Returned to LA: Thu 15 Dec 2005
- Passed Parliament: Thu 15 Dec 2005
- Assented: Thu 15 Dec 2005