Budget Estimates 2004-2005
This inquiry is a completed Legislative Council inquiry conducted by the General Purpose Standing Committee No. 5. This inquiry was established on 23 June 2004 to report on Budget Estimates and related papers for the financial year 2004 - 2005, presenting the amounts to be appropriated from the Consolidated Fund.
Portfolios: Environment, Rural Affairs, Local Government, Emergency Services, Regional Development, Illawarra, Small Business, Agriculture and Fisheries, Mineral Resources.
On 23 February 2005 the House resolved to extend the reporting date for the GPSC5 Budget Estimates to 31 March 2005
Timeline (click to show)
Referred: 23 Jun 2004
» Final Report Due: 29 Apr 2005
» Final Report Published: 29 Apr 2005
Reports and Government Responses (click to show)
Hearings and Transcripts (click to show)
Other Documents (click to show)
Contact Us (click to show)
This is a completed inquiry. The contacts below are historical only.
- Primary contact: Ms Tanya Bosch, phone (02) 9230 3370, email@example.com
- Address for written correspondence:
General Purpose Standing Committee No. 5
Sydney NSW 2000
Fax: (02) 9230 2981
Inquiry Terms of Reference (click to show)
Resolution passed 23 June 2004, Minutes of proceedings No 61 pages 886-888
- That the Budget Estimates and related papers for the financial year 2004-2005 presenting the amounts to be appropriated from the Consolidated Fund be referred to the General Purpose Standing Committees for inquiry and report.
- That the committees consider the Budget Estimates in accordance with the allocation of portfolios to the committees.
- For the purposes of this inquiry any member of the House may attend a meeting of a committee in relation to the Budget Estimates and question witnesses, participate in the deliberations of the committee at such meeting and make a dissenting statement relating to the Budget Estimates, but may not vote or be counted for the purpose of any quorum.
- The committees must hear evidence on the Budget Estimates in public.
- Not more than 2 committees are to hear evidence on the Budget Estimates simultaneously.
- When a committee hears evidence on the Budget Estimates, the Chair is to call on items of expenditure in the order decided on and declare the proposed expenditure open for examination.
- The committees may ask for explanations from Ministers in the House, or officers of departments, statutory bodies or corporations, relating to the items of proposed expenditure.
- The report of a committee on the Budget Estimates may propose the further consideration of any items.
- That a daily Hansard record of the hearings of a committee on the Budget Estimates be published as soon as practicable after each day’s proceedings.
- That the Leader of the Government is to provide to each Committee, by 6 July 2004, a schedule outlining the attendance of relevant ministers to appear before each committee, for the committee’s consideration.
- The committees may hold supplementary hearings as required.
- The committees present a final report to the House by the last sitting day of the second sitting week in 2005 put and passed.